The Berea Chamber of Commerce is pleased to present our 2nd Annual Gingerbread House Competition on Saturday, December 16 from 10am-12pm. The event will be held in the cafeteria at Berea-Midpark Middle School.
Those interested in joining the competition can participate in two ways:
- Create your own gingerbread house at your convenience and drop it off at BMMS the morning of the event. You can be as creative as you want! The only rule is that the house must be on a sturdy board of some sort, and the board cannot be larger than 18" x 24". This is a great opportunity for residents as well as businesses who can use this as a team building opportunity for staff and a way to show off your business/organization's brand! If you're an optometrist, have little gingerbread people with eyeglasses. If you're a healthcare facility, create a gingerbread doctor's office -- get creative!
- Join us for the event and decorate a gingerbread house using a provided standard kit. All materials will be supplied and it will be up to contestants to get creative with the way they decorate in order to stand out!
Trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to the top houses in each of these separate categories (pre-made houses vs. houses decorated during the event). You may arrive at any time to participate in the competition if you plan to decorate a house with a pre-made kit, however, the earlier you arrive, the more time you'll have to decorate. Contestants must be finished with their houses by 11:30am for judging, and winners will be announced prior to the conclusion of the event at 12:00pm.
If you plan to decorate a house in advance, you will be able to drop it off between 9:00am - 10:00am on Saturday, December 16 in the cafeteria of Berea-Midpark Middle School. All of the pre-made houses will be voted on by the general public in attendance at the event. You are welcome to take your house home with you at the end of the event or you can opt to have it on display at a Berea business throughout the rest of December. Several chamber businesses with brick and mortar retail, healthcare, etc. locations have offered to display the houses for their customers to see.
The event will also feature:
- Visit and photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Free donuts and hot chocolate
- Face painting
This event is free of charge for:
- Berea Chamber of Commerce members and their families
- Berea residents
- Families with children attending the BCSD regardless of city of residence (Middleburg Heights, Brook Park or Berea)
We will be accepting toy donations on site for foster children in our communities. Monetary donations are also accepted and will go toward the children's holiday wish list items.
Sponsorships Available! Please consider helping support this great event so that we can make it fun and free for members of our community. For sponsorship details, click here.
Questions? Reach out to Berea Chamber of Commerce CEO, Megan Baechle, at email@example.com or (440) 243-8415.
Thank you to our sponsors!